Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Devil's Workshop

It's amazing the way our mind works ...

There are days when I am bubbling over with a brilliant idea and I think I will set the Internet on fire with this post. But when I sit to frame a post, the whole 'brilliant' idea does not go more than a couple of lines. many a times it does not even make it to the final post.

And there are other days when I think I have nothing to post. I end those days with 3-4 posts to my credit.

And then there are days when I make up multiple posts in my mind the previous night and the next morning ideas flow straight from the mind to the blog.


Seems to me that when the mind gets over excited, it stops thinking. Infatuation sets in and all it does is repeat the same idea over and over again without actually elaborating on it.

When the mind is calmer, it gets the time and space to meditate upon and develop an idea to something that has more form to it.

So it is not the empty mind that is devil's workshop; it the (over)excited mind that is the devil's workshop. You see, a devil's workshop is not that creates evil. A devil's workshop is that which is littered around with undeveloped ideas - ideas that could set Internet on fire.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you. I have been facing a rock wall for quite a few weeks. I am now working on several writes simultaneously.

Pushkar said...

This happens very often & most often when i just get into the bed thinking about my next day's plan. I come up with exactly as you say "Ideas that can set internet on fire". But next day when i fire up my writer i end up thinking for ages where should i begin, what should be the title....

yogs said...

very good post..
The same happens to me all the time with the exception that when I get lot of feelings, I automatically write 500 words non stop and there are times when I fail to complete a paragraph even when trying ti think hard

Unknown said...

No wonder the calmer one is more ideas pop up,while ideas and thoughts are lost when over excited.

Unknown said...

Tried posting this on Friday itself, but Google never validated it :-( or is it this internet connexion? Saved it to put it here l8r.. and by the way... where are the posts of 11-04-09 and 12-04-09????

-- Original Message --
There is a solution to this.. or atleast this is what I think is the solution...
Whenever an idea "strikes", pen it down. Due to the "constant random" (oxymoronish but how else do we describe the mind) nature of the mind, different ideas do creep up. But penning these thoughts helps to always keep track of the ideas so that they can be re-visited during 'idle' times. Heres what happened in one of my own experiences... Not exactly an idea but still.. I found a blog which I could not resist commenting upon... I had soo many view points... So what I did was just type out whatever came across my mind... (Note that all these points were related to that topic, but it was very very difficult to understand. Everything was jumbled) Once this was done.. all i had to do was re-arrange these points and then voila !!! a long documented note neatly organised which actually made sense... Conclusion: Pen the thoughts that cross your mind... but release them at your discretion and at the right moment...

My Library