Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bright colours help cyclists

To all the bicyclists on Bangalore Road,

I have experimented and I can confirm that bright red, orange and yellow T's / shirts help! The motorcyclists and the car drivers on the road notice you from far. You can figure this out by the distance of their honking (Yeah! They still honk - what do they think? That I am on a suicide mission and will jump straight in their path on purpose? ). When I put on something dull, they tend to notice me very late and the clearance between them and me, when they pass me, is scary.

So, chaps take my advice. Display your colours! After all nature intended the male of the species (I do not see many lady cyclists on the road anyways!) to appear bright - look at peacock

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library