Monday, May 24, 2010

The Kabbalah Code

I am still wondering why I picked up The Kabbalah Code by James F. Twyman. As I keep digging within, I can think of the following reasons:
a) Madonna
b) Since I am learning French, an adventure in Paris is obviously attractive.
c) The name resembles "The Da-Vinci Code"

Anyways, I am reading this book and I am still not able to decide what to make of this book. Till now this book resembles a spiritual version of a mix of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demon

In fact, I am not even sure if this is fiction or otherwise.
Why? Here are two extracts from this book. One I would categorize as cute and the other down right ludicrous.

Here's the cute extract:

"I've always loved the acronym for ego: Edging God Out," I offered. "It's pretty accurate. The ego is the part of us that wants to be alone and isolated, somehow thinking that it makes us stronger. Obviously that can't be true, but the ego can't be bothered with truth."

So far so good.

But here's something downright nonsensical and pushes this book straight into the the realm of new age mumbojumbo:

"I've always believed that the chanting of Sacred Names creates literal tunnels - wormholes - in the fabric of space-time. And it's through these pathways that the breath of the Holy Spirit, which exists in the world of fantasy and imagination, can be bridged into this world."

Einstein must be spinning in his grave. Meanwhile, I will see where this book leads me to.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library