Saturday, May 15, 2010

Take out time


I had just landed after a 24+ hour flight. And this chap was eager to show me what he had accomplished. I hope he would understand as I finished my meeting with the customers and headed for the hotel. I could always see and appreciate his work later.
Do you think my colleague understood?
No way!
All he felt was hurt and rejection.
I eventually lost this engineer.
This happened a long while ago.
One valuable lesson learnt, but at a cost.

You see perceptions are realities. It doesn't matter what you thin. What matters is what the other person feels. Always take out time to smile, pat a back and encourage. It doesn't matter how dead you are; how busy you are.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Ashwin said...

Hmmm Amm

You are talking about me!!!!

Ashwin

Tax Online said...

Good very nice post,

My Library