Friday, October 31, 2008

Governing Philosophy


It seems everyone has a philosophy in life that they follow or try to follow. I never actually thought about any governing philosophy. I have more or less muddled through. So is that a philosophy too? ;-)

In any case, I pushed myself to come up with something that I should always follow ... here is the result. The problem is that the various aspects may not gel together.

Ok here goes ...

a) "This too shall pass" - this has been borrowed directly from the Buddha.

b) "Is the glass is half-full or half-empty? Depends on whether the quantity of water in the glass is sufficient to quench the thirst." I think this is original. But if someone else has seen this somewhere else, please let me know. I must have picked it up sub-consciously.

c) "What the caterpillar calls the end of life, the master calls a butterfly" I am sure I have picked this up from some Zen book. Don't remember exactly which one or when.

d) "Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best" - certainly not original. No idea where I got this from. But since I practice this without actually stating so, people are confused whether I am an optimist or a pessimist. I think I should refer them to (b) above.

e) Anything that Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) says. That proves that I am a classic 'muddling-through'.

I think this is sufficient.
I shall revisit this after some time.

Note: The picture used here belongs to Kristian Stokholm. Visit gallery to see more such pictures.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library