Monday, October 20, 2008

What Cyclists Should Do On Roads

Bicycle
Now this is serendipity - an advise on how cyclists should act on roads in an exceptionally brilliant book on business dealing with probability and randomness.

This extract is from Fooled By Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

"I am an avid road cyclist. Recently, as I was riding along with other cyclists, slowing down traffic in a rural area, a small woman in a giant sports utility vehicle opened her window and heaped curses at us. Not only did it not upset me but I did not even interrupt my thought process to pay attention. When I am on my bicycle, people in large trucks become a variety of dangerous animals, capable of threatening me but incapable of making me angry."

Hmmmm.... should try this.

Note: The picture used here belongs to Svetlana Maksimovic. To see more of her photographs visit her gallery.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library