Friday, June 26, 2009

And I thought Science Was All About Evidence

I am a hige fan of Simon Singh. Anyone who can write a subject like Fermat's Last Theorem in a way that a layman can understand it certainly deserves respect. I was therefore a little upset and curious when I read that he has been sued for libel.

It turns out that he has been sued by the British Chiropractic Association.
For what?

For writing an article against the practice of Chiropractic. You will find details of the full article by Simon Singh here.

If you read the article, you will find that Simon Singh has given enough evidences. As men of science, what would you do?
I would show counter evidences and use this opportunity to popularise Chiropractic.
But no?
Simon Singh has been sued.
Which I think is ridiculous.

You may also express your support to Simon Singh by signing your name here.

Beware, The next time you say, "God does not play dice," be careful. Someone may sue you for libel against quantum mechanics.

By the way, Chiropractic is not yet a recognised stream of medicine in India.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

MonkAre said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreRee Bali ***

My Library