Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Glamour in Management Book

I am into the 3rd page of this book: Globality: Competing with Everyone from Everywhere for Everything by Harold L. Sirkin, James W. Hemerling and Arindam K, Bhattacharya, and I already wonder who this book is written for. Or perhaps I am biased.
Consider this extract from the book: "And Embraer {the Aerospace Company] grew up in a South American country [Brazil] much better known for coffee, oranges, diamonds and steel - and supermodel Gisele Bündchen ..."

Supermodel Gisele Bündchen??
Is that a bigger name than football stars Pelé, Garrincha, Zico, Ronaldo, Kaká, ... I could go on ...?

Oh I understand.
The authors want to introduce sex appeal to make the book interesting.
Or perhaps, the book's primary readers are from a country where football is played with hands and Gisele is a better known name than Kaká.
Or both. Which is a pity. The book is very interesting and is definitely suitable for a wider audience.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library