Sunday, November 2, 2008

Making Rowling & Harry Potter Immortal

Platform 9-3/4
I have had hours of pleasure reading and re-reading certain books, the one that stands out for the last few years have been Harry Potter. So have countless others. (In fact I just finished re-reading Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban. A quick weekend read)

I think the best way to repay Rowling (ok! she has become rich and all that but ...) would be to have a platform 9-3/4 at the Kings Cross station in London.

Note: The picture used here belongs to G Schouten de Jel. Visit his gallery to see more such photographs.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

About Me said...

Absolutely! If you start a petition, I will sign it. :-)

By the way, I read an interview with her where she said that when she first wrote the book, she got the name of the train station mixed up. The one she had in mind resembles the one we see in the movies. But King's Cross is very modern, apparently, not at all like the one she had imagined in her mind when she first wrote the scenes. I thought that was a neat bit of trivia.
In any case, wherever the train platform is, there definitely needs to be a 9 3/4 platform somewhere in London so that muggles can keep an eye out for little children with owls tucked under their arms!

Anonymous said...

There is already a platform 9 3/4 posted at King's Cross in London. People take their photos in front of it constantly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, anonymous, for this information. Next time I am there I will take a photograph and post it here :-)

My Library