Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Response In Financial Times Blog - The Indian Advantage

I respect Mr. Narayana Murthy and I am sure he believes in what he is saying. But he is wrong. The Indian culture was always present; there is nothing new there. Then how come it is only now that India is shining?
This just seems to be trying to hunt for a cause of an effect.
The truth is that today’s India is a result of opportunity that presented itself with the Y2K problem coinciding with the globalisation drive that was forced upon India by IMF. Y2K needed immediate service of a large number of cheap English speaking labour and we just happened to be there.
Don’t get me wrong though - I am not complaining. I am reaping the benefits too.
To follow the blog visit here

A bit blasphemous. I agree.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library