Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Response In Financial Times Blog - How do I calculate an appropriate salary?

“Fair Figure” as opposed to real figure (which is entirely decided by the market; and by market, I mean your market where you see yourself as a commodity unless you have an USP) should be determined by the value you bring to the company you are working for. You have to therefore convince your employer that you are worth £££’s based on how much ££££’s you can bring in to that company. Given the (impending) recession, I would advice you to stay put for some time and improve your USP.

And oh! By the way, your quality of life does not depend on how much you earn; rather on how well you save, invest and spend.

To follow the blog visit here

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library