Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kapil Dev da jawab nahi!

Among all the reactions I saw on TV last night on the Lahore day light terror attack, the one by Kapil Dev made sense the most. He talks the way he used to play. Neat and from the guts.

We should help Pakistan to become a peaceful country, but we can help them only if they want to help themselves.
These are not his exact words, but you get the idea.

It was obviously a recorded interview, spliced in between live news. You could see the interview excerpts rolling past even before Kapil actually spoke. The text "Kapil still wants to play in Pakistan" irritated me no end. That's not what he was saying. He said something to this effect:

If the Government of India asks me to play I will play in Pakistan. If the government says don't play, I will not. The politicians should take wise decisions. We are like soldiers in uniform. Once we wear Indian colours we do what is told to us.

Or something similar. TRP ratings. It does strange things to people.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

My Library